Sunday, May 30, 2010

Next in line project...


 
My next "must do" item is to finish this Swedish cardy.  It was a kit I purchased from a local brick and mortar yarn shop, The Threadbear, located in Lansing, MI. It is by the Raumagarn yarn company. Arnhild Hillesland had a workshop at the store for it, but I missed it, and purchased the kit anyway. I enjoyed knitting every stitch, and even with all philosophies (and I emailed Arnhild too) about which yarn should be "on top" or carried over, I brought every yarn color change from underneath the last yarn. Yes, the yarn twisted like crazy, but I enjoyed the whole process. This project made me realize how much I like the fairisle knitting: the changing colors always had me wanting to knit the next stitch.  So as you can see, the body and sleeves have been completely knitted up. Now I have to steek. I have let this project sit a bit. I did steek before - it was a Philosopher's sweater, nice fat worsted yarn... but I am choking right now on this. I have told myself that I will get on with it next. 

No comments: