Sunday, May 30, 2010

Finished project, well, just about!



Yea! My most recent goal was to finish Janet Szabo's Gravel Road from the Twists and Turns Spring 2003 issue by June 1st. Yeaaaa! I just have to get buttons and block it. I was able to purchase the yarn Janet used, Classic Elite's Devon Tweed, from eBay. I started this in 2007, I am a little embarrassed to admit, but life happens. Doing this project has made me realize that I don't enjoy cabling all that much. I used a size 3.5 mm needle, which I like, but the cabling was very hard on my hands. I did a lot of thumb and finger stretches, as well as not to knit when it just plain hurt. I do enjoy the results, though, so I'm a little conflicted!


This is a picture of the tools that were used for the project. Apparently, I am a bit fussy when it comes to what knitting needles are used.  I do like pointy points, though. There should be a toothpick in there. I used it as my cabling tool! It worked great, Of course, it was pointy enough, and the wood was grabby onto the yarn, so I didn't have to fiddle at all.

No comments: