Sunday, August 13, 2006

Time for some straightforward knitting


My handspun becoming a Kerry Blue shawl Posted by Picasa
After my struggles with twisted stitches (twist the knit stitch on the right side, and twist the purl stitch on the wrong side, and cable as necessary), I opted for some nice easy garter knitting. Well, ok, garter lace knitting. My handspun yarn, Shetland fleece from Judy Colvin in Montana, http://www.bitterrootranch.net, was calling to me from my project basket. I had been shy about starting Martha Waterman's Kerry Blue from Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls, because, well, it was an old pattern from a book which unfortunately had quite a bit of errata on it (on the Interweave website). But with help from people in my yahoo groups, here I am knitting it. I started with 12 stitches on double points, then went to a 16 inch circular, then a 24 inch circular. Now I am using a 32 inch circular and have 400 plus stitches and 60+ rows to go! This is a great pattern right now for me because there is a lot of garter knitting and the lace patterns are quite easy to do.


other side Posted by Picasa

No comments: