Sunday, August 13, 2006

It must be summer because I am knitting cotton!


Sleeves for the Flower Box cardy Posted by Picasa
Here are the sleeves for Maddy Laine's Flower Boxes. I am using the yarn from The Endless Summer Collection, Lara, purchased from Elann along with the pattern, which calls for a sport weight yarn. Perfect. But these sleeves are much too long, so I put this project away until I had the right needles. I am using 4.0mm, and need to go down to 3.75mm for the body. So in the meanwhile, those needles were busy knitting this sweater:

Summer Cardigan, front Posted by Picasa
This is from IK, Interweave Knits Summer 1997, Mary Spanos' Summer Cardigan. It features a twisted rib, and twisted cables! I almost went mad, but got my money's worth out of this yarn since I knitted the cabled sections over and over.... The yarn is super-duper cotton/silk from Adrienne Vittadini's Marissa, which is no longer being made. I purchased this from the Threadbear,in Lansing, Michigan. Thank you Rob for offering such an informative weekly email, which is how I found out that he had purchased all the remaining yarns of Marissa. I had to have it!

Summer Box cardigan, front closeup Posted by Picasa

Summer Cardigan, back Posted by Picasa

Summer Cardigan, back closeup Posted by Picasa

No comments: