Sunday, July 11, 2010

To steek or not to steek!


I have been trying to get to steeking... but instead, I have been knitting other small projects:

This one is called the Sinful Ribbed Scarf by Classic Elite Yarns.

Here is a small scarf knitted with a reversible pattern stitch.

 I used yarn that was made by the seller (unknown) by putting 3 different type strands together, different colors also: angora, mohair and wool; white, light blue and blue.


Another project is for Christmas:
It is called the Birthday Cowl by Nova Seals. I used a yarn by The Unique Sheep House Blend, which I found to be quite scratchy. Even though it was made with alpace, silk and wool, there was so much guard hair left, evidenced by the fact it did not take up any dye. There were many white hairs sticking out of the yarn. I tried to pull them out, but you know, some are always left behind. However, I had plenty of yarn left over after the cowl, and I went on to knit a pair of fingerless mitts, using a smaller needle and reducing the stitch pattern from 11 to 9 stitches.
And then there was still more yarn left, so I went on to knit a cap. Unfortunately, it is a bit small. I mean to find some complimentary yarn and add to the top of the cap.



Then I started another project. This was a pattern called Branching Out by Susan Lawrence, found on the Knitty .

Then, using another pattern from The Knitty called Kernel by Bonnet Sennot, and using the yarn http://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/hand-jive-knits-natures-palette-silk-and-wool-laceweight in the colorway called Summer Sky


This is as far as I got because the next row called for beads, and I can't remember where I put the beads! So until I can find them, I am setting this project aside.

No comments: